Hexalite Hexacor Polypropylene Honeycomb is the next-generation polypropylene honeycomb that is the strongest on the market today. With its all-round superior properties and competitive pricing, it is fast becoming a popular composite core material for increasing strength and stiffness at reduced weight.
Hexalite polypropylene honeycomb is fast gaining popularity across many diverse industries as the world looks for new materials to improve performance, reduce weight and lower costs. due to its superior allround properties at competitive pricing, hexalite polypropylene honeycomb has been widely used in many applications that demand strength-to-weight performance.
Proven Material, Breakthrough Technology
Hexalite polypropylene honeycomb is fast gaining popularity across many diverse industries as the world looks for new materials to improve performance, reduce weight and lower costs. Due to its superior all-round properties at competitive pricing, Hexalite polypropylene honeycomb has been widely used in many applications that demand strength-to-weight performance.
Superior Core Material
Hexalite polypropylene honeycomb is typically used as a core material in sandwich constructions whereby it is sandwiched between strong facing skins such as aluminum, steel, wood, paper and fiberglass. The resulting construction behaves much like an I-beam, which benefits from increased strength and stiffness at reduced weight.
Unique Cell Matrix
Hexalite polypropylene honeycomb are made up of cell structures that are round rather than hexagonal, more closely resembling honeycomb structures that exist in nature. The round cell structures give the resulting cell matrix 3 orientations vs. the 2 orientations in hexagonal matrices. As a result, Hexalite polypropylene honeycomb properties are more uniform in all directions across the entire sheet of honeycomb.
Hexalite polypropylene honeycomb cells are fused together rather than glued. Without the presence of glue as the "weakest link" in the honeycomb matrix, Hexalite polypropylene honeycomb sheets are more resilient.
Every cell in a Hexalite polypropylene honeycomb is very stable. Hexalite's manufacturing technology allows it to produce honeycomb cells that are extremely consistent regardless of any honeycomb sheet size.
|HEXPP-8-2-10||Hexacor Hexalite PP HCOMB 10mm|
|HEXPP-8-2-13||Hexacor Hexalite POLYPROP HONEYCOMB 13mm|
|HEXPP-8-2-20||Hexacor Hexalite PP HCOMB 20mm|
|HEXPP-8-2-25||Hexacor Hexalite PP HCOMB 25mm|
|HEXPP-8-2-30||Hexacor Hexalite POLYPROP HONEYCOMB 30mm|
|HEXPP-8-2-50||Hexacor Hexalite POLYPROP HONEYCOMB 50mm|
Excellent Strength-to-Weight Ratio
- Excellent compressive strength
- Good shear strength. For higher shear strength, check out our High Strength Series that offers one of the highest shear strengths in the market.
- Extremely light
- Hexalite polypropylene honeycomb is at least 10 times lighter than water, giving it excellent buoyancy in water and fluids
Large operating temperature range
- -30°C to 80°C (-22°F to 176°F)
Does not absorb water
- Polypropylene's water absorption is negligible, which makes Hexalite Polypropylene Honeycomb an excellent core material for constructions that are constantly exposed to water and moisture
Excellent corrosion resistance
- Hexalite Polypropylene Honeycomb is extremely resistant to corrosion by most chemicals, salt water, fungi, decay and weather
Superior shock absorption and impact resistance
- Hexalite Polypropylene Honeycomb is an excellent constant force absorber. Once the honeycomb has exceeded its compressive yield strength, it will crush at a uniform and predictable rate.
Superior Fatigue Resistance
- Hexalite Polypropylene Honeycomb is resilient. Unlike metallic honeycomb, it has "mechanical memory" which allows it to snap back to its original form. It is also able to withstand bending without breaking like certain stiff foam materials.
Excellent sound insulation
- Polypropylene has a natural low harmonic of 125-150 Hz, which makes Hexalite Polypropylene Honeycomb an effective core material for vibration damping and noise absorption.
- If greater sound insulation is required we can supply foam filled honeycombs.
Good Thermal insulation
- Hexalite Polypropylene Honeycomb has good thermal insulation properties due to the polypropylene cell walls and the dead air space in between.
- If greater thermal insulation is required we can supply foam filled honeycombs.
- Hexalite Polypropylene Honeycomb is 100% recyclable
Ease of Application
- Hexalite Polypropylene Honeycomb is easily thermoformed in large sheets and contours easily to the required curvature
- Hexalite Polypropylene Honeycomb is compatible with most resin systems and the majority of composite manufacturing processes.
- Hexalite Polypropylene Honeycomb can be easily glued, welded or cut to shape.
- Hexalite Polypropylene Honeycomb can be easily laminated with a large variety of facing materials
- hulls, bulkheads, decks, superstructures, internal furniture
Automotive and Rail
- shock absorbers, door panels, floor panels, roof panels
- blades, housings, spinners
- laminated wall claddings, floor panels, wall panels, roof panels, specialized clean room wall panels
- floating roofs, floating docks, bridges, platforms, chemical tanks,filtration
- reinforced casings
- display panels and exhibits
- surfboards, kayaks, canoes
- gravel and sand stabilization, erosion control